Tuesday, October 25, 2011

On Writing

“The scariest moment is always just before you start.” -- Stephen King, On Writing

“If you want to be a writer, you must do two things above all others: read a lot and write a lot.” -- Stephen King

“You can make anything by writing.” -- C.S. Lewis

“I write to give myself strength. I write to be the characters that I am not. I write to explore all the things I'm afraid of. ” -- Joss Whedon

“The first draft of anything is shit.” -- Ernest Hemingway

“Description begins in the writer’s imagination, but should finish in the reader’s.” -- Stephen King, On Writing

“Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.” -- E.L. Doctorow

“Nothing's a better cure for writer's block than to eat ice cream right out of the carton.” -- Don Roff

No comments:

Post a Comment